Dynamics of Structural Dynamics explains foundational concepts and principles surrounding the theory of vibrations and gives equations of motion for complex systems. The book presents classical vibration theory in a clear and systematic way, detailing original work on vehicle-bridge interactions and wind effects on bridges. Chapters give an overview of structural vibrations, including how to formulate equations of motion, vibration analysis of a single-degree-of-freedom system, a multi-degree-of-freedom system, and a continuous system, the approximate calculation of natural frequencies and modal shapes, and step-by-step integration methods. Each chapter includes extensive practical examples and problems.
This volume presents the foundational knowledge engineers need to understand and work with structural vibrations, also including the latest contributions of a globally leading research group on vehicle-bridge interactions and wind effects on bridges.
- Explains the foundational concepts needed to understand structural vibrations in high-speed railways
- Gives the latest research from a leading group working on vehicle-bridge interactions and wind effects on bridges
- Lays out routine procedures for generating dynamic property matrices in MATLAB©
- Presents a novel principle and rule to help researchers model time-varying systems
- Offers an efficient solution for readers looking to understand basic concepts and methods in vibration analysis
Zhihui Zhou is an Associate Professor in the School of Civil Engineering at Central South University in China. His research focuses on train derailment and vibration analysis. He has led several research projects, including on the safe operation of high-speed trains over railway bridges, and the safety of long-span cable-stayed bridge trains. He holds a PhD in Bridge and Tunnel Engineering, and has published over 30 papers, and two monographs.
1. Overview of Structural Vibrations 2. Formulation of equations of motion 3. Vibration Analysis of Single-Degree-of-Freedom System 4. Vibration Analysis of Multi-Degree-of-Freedom System 5. Vibration analysis of continuous system (straight beam) 6. Approximate calculation of natural frequencies and modal shapes 7. Step-by step integration methods
Newbooks Subjects & Qualifier
Dewey Decimal Classfication (DDC)