This book explores the concepts and role of green computing and its recent developments for making the environment sustainable. It focuses on green automation in disciplines such as computers, nanoscience, information technology, and biochemistry. This book is characterized through descriptions of sustainability, green computing, their relevance to the environment, society, and its applications.
- Presents how to make the environment sustainable through engineering aspects and green computing
- Explores concepts and the role of green computing with recent developments
- Processes green automation linked with various disciplines such as nanoscience, information technology, and biochemistry
- Explains the concepts of green computing linked with sustainable environment through information technology
This book will be of interest to researchers, libraries, students, and academicians that are interested in the concepts of green computing linked with green automation through information technology and their impacts on the future.
Sherin Zafar has 13+ years teaching experience. She is currently Assistant Professor in Department of Computer Science, School of Engineering Sciences & Technology, Jamia Hamdard. She is also currently joint-supervisor of PhD student Deepa Mehta (11/PHD/0016) working on "Optimiaztion In ZRP Through Neoteric Routing Approach" in Manav Rachna University, Faridabad, Neha Sharma (160020601005) working on "Trust Based Neoteric Optimized Routing Approach for MANET in GD GOENKA UNIVERSITY, HARYANA, Ashu (160020601005) working on "Trust Based Neoteric Optimized Routing Approach for MANET in GD GOENKA UNIVERSITY, HARYANA. She is PhD from MRIU Faridabad on "Optimized Secure Protocol for MANET using Biometric Approach" with CGPA of 8.36 under the guidance of Prof. M.K Soni , Former Professor NIT Kurukshetra, currently Pro. Vice Chancellor, MRIU and Prof. M.M.S Beg, Principal ZHCE, Aligarh Muslim University. She has published a patent on 31/05/2019: "System & Method Thereof for Secure Digital Health Network Based on Distributed Ledger Technology" She is a reviewer for 41 journals and reviewed around 80 papers. She has published around 50 research papers and chapters in Scopus, SCI and referred and impact factor journals and conferences.
Mohd Abdul Ahad is currently working in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, School of Engineering Sciences and Technology, Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi, India. He has a rich experience of more than 11 years in the field of Computer Science and Engineering. He obtained his Ph.D. degree in the field of Big Data Architecture. His research areas include big data architecture, Distributed Computing, IoT, Sustainable Computing. He has published several research papers in various International Journals of repute. He has chaired several sessions in International Conferences of Springer, Elsevier etc. He is a Certified Microsoft Innovative Educator and a certified Google Educator. He is a life member of Indian Society of Technical Education (ISTE) as well as an active member of IEEE and ACM.
M. Afshar Alam is a Professor, Dean and Head in Department of CSE, SEST, Jamia Hamdard. He has a rich teaching and research experience of more than 24 years. He has guided more than 25 PhD. Prof Afshar has published more than 130 Research Paper in various International Journals and Conferences of Repute. He is also a member of several high power committee of Govt. of India Agencies like DST, UGC, SERB, MHRD etc.
Kashish Ara Shakil is Assistant Professor at Department of Computer Science, Princess Nourah Bint Abdul Rehman University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. She is a great researcher with about 40 papers in Scopus and referred and indexed journals and conferences. She has google scholar Citations of 218, h-index of 10 and i-10 index of 10. Hers highest impact factor is 3.44. She has 5 years experience in academic research institute and more than 1 year experience in IT company with specialties in cloud computing and for handling big data. She has deliver live lectures for UGC CEC (Government of India). She has been as a visiting researcher (honorary Appointment) in University of Melbourne (Australia) and worked on development of AI based scheduling algorithms for resource allocation on scientific workflows in cloud. She has completed Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Cloud Computing from Jamia Millia Islamia with Doctoral thesis topic "An Effective framework for data management in a cloud based system.
1. Introduction on Concepts of Green Computing, Sustainable Development Goals. 2. Techniques to Measure and Model Power and Energy Efficiency. 3. Power-Aware Resource Management. 4. IT Energy Efficiency. 5. Computational Models for Energy Efficiency and Data Storage. 6. Green Computing Enabled Wireless Models and Solutions. 7. Storage Solutions Best Practices. 8. Community Efforts for Sustainable Development. 9. Green Automation Enabled Data Centres. 10. Big Data Storage and Security Through Green Automation. 11. Sustainable Smart Spaces. 12. Green Cloud Environment. 13. Securing Smart Spaces with Green Environment and Computing. 14. Meta-Heuristics Techniques for Green Computation.