The first book to offer a blueprint for overcoming the challenges to successfully quantifying biomarkers in living organisms
The demand among scientists and clinicians for targeted quantitation experiments has experienced explosive growth in recent years. While there are a few books dedicated to bioanalysis and biomarkers in general, until now there were none devoted exclusively to addressing critical issues surrounding this area of intense research. Target Biomarker Quantitation by LC-MS provides a detailed blueprint for quantifying biomarkers in biological systems. It uses numerous real-world cases to exemplify key concepts, all of which were carefully selected and presented so as to allow the concepts they embody to be easily expanded to future applications, including new biomarker development.
Target Biomarker Quantitation by LC-MS primarily focuses on the assay establishment for biomarker quantitation--a critical issue rarely treated in depth. It offers comprehensive coverage of three core areas of biomarker assay establishment: the relationship between the measured biomarkers and their intended usage; contemporary regulatory requirements for biomarker assays (a thorough understanding of which is essential to producing a successful and defendable submission); and the technical challenges of analyzing biomarkers produced inside a living organism or cell.
* Covers the theory of and applications for state-of-the-art mass spectrometry and chromatography and their applications in biomarker analysis
* Features real-life examples illustrating the challenges involved in target biomarker quantitation and the innovative approaches which have been used to overcome those challenges
* Addresses potential obstacles to obtain effective biomarker level and data interpretation, such as specificity establishment and sample collection
* Outlines a tiered approach and fit-for-purpose assay protocol for target biomarker quantitation
* Highlights the current state of the biomarker regulatory environment and protocol standards
Target Biomarker Quantitation by LC-MS is a valuable resource for bioanalytical scientists, drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics scientists, clinical scientists, analytical chemists, and others for whom biomarker quantitation is an important tool of the trade. It also functions as an excellent text for graduate courses in pharmaceutical, biochemistry and chemistry.
weitere Ausgaben werden ermittelt
Naidong Weng, PhD, is Scientific Director, Janssen Fellow, and Head of Bioanalytical Chemistry and Pharmacokinetics within Department of Pharmacokinetics, Dynamics and Metabolism at US East Coast, Janssen Research & Development, Johnson and Johnson. He has over 25 years of experiences on quantitative bioanalysis. His research interest includes using HILIC-MS/MS for quantitation of highly polar analytes as well as chiral analysis. He has published more than 110 journal papers and book chapters.
Wenying Jian, PhD, a Senior Principal Scientist of Bioanalytical Chemistry and Pharmacokinetics within Departmentof Pharmacokinetics, Dynamics and Metabolism at US East Coast, Janssen Research & Development, Johnson and Johnson. Her research experience and interest center on application of advanced LC-MS methodologies in detection, identification,and quantitation of endogenous molecules, drugs and their metabolites, including small and large molecules, and in complicated biological matrices. She has published more than 40 journal papers and book chapters.
List of Contributors
Part 1. Overview
1. Overview of Targeted Quantitation of Biomarkers and Its Application
2. Translational Application of Biomarkers
3. Current Regulatory Guidance Pertaining Biomarker Assay Establishment and Industrial Practice of Fit-for-Purpose and Tiered Approach
4. Modern Liquid Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry for Targeted Biomarker Quantitation
5. Comparison between LC-MS and Ligand Binding Assay Approaches for Biomarker Quantification
6. Sample Preparation Methods for Targeted Biomarker Quantification by LC-MS
7. Overcome the Endogenous Levels in Biomarker Quantitation Using LC-MS
Part 2. Challenges and Approaches
8. Sample Collection for Targeted Biomarker Quantitation by LC-MS
9. Nonspecific Binding in LC-MS Bioanalysis
10. Strategies for Improving Sensitivity for Targeted Quantitation by LC-MS
11. Strategies to Improve Specificity for Targeted Biomarker Quantitation by LC-MS
12. Biomarker Quantitation Using Relative Approaches
13. Targeted Quantification of Amino Acid Biomarkers Using LC-MS
Part 3. Applications
14. Targeted Quantification of Peptide Biomarkers - A Case Study of Amyloid Peptides
15. Targeted Protein Biomarker Quantitation by LC-MS
16. Glycoprotein Biomarkers
17. Targeted Lipid Biomarker Quantitation Using Liquid Chromatography - Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS)
18. Targeted LC-MS Quantification of Androgens and Estrogens for Biomarker Development
19. Steroid Biomarkers
20. Bile Acids as Biomarkers
21. Biomarkers for Vitamin Status and Deficiency - LC-MS Based Approach
22. Quantitation of acyl-coenzyme A thioesters as metabolic biomarkers
23. Neurotransmitter Biomarkers
24. Targeted Quantification of Carbohydrate Biomarkers Using LC-MS
25. Nucleoside/Nucleotide Biomarkers
26. LC-MS of RNA Biomarkers
Newbooks Subjects & Qualifier
Dewey Decimal Classfication (DDC)
Adobe-DRM (Digital Rights Management)Systemvoraussetzungen:
Computer (Windows; MacOS X; Linux): Installieren Sie bereits vor dem Download die kostenlose Software Adobe Digital Editions (siehe E-Book Hilfe).
Tablet/Smartphone (Android; iOS): Installieren Sie bereits vor dem Download die kostenlose App Adobe Digital Editions (siehe E-Book Hilfe).
E-Book-Reader: Bookeen, Kobo, Pocketbook, Sony, Tolino u.v.a.m. (nicht Kindle)
Das Dateiformat PDF zeigt auf jeder Hardware eine Buchseite stets identisch an. Daher ist eine PDF auch für ein komplexes Layout geeignet, wie es bei Lehr- und Fachbüchern verwendet wird (Bilder, Tabellen, Spalten, Fußnoten). Bei kleinen Displays von E-Readern oder Smartphones sind PDF leider eher nervig, weil zu viel Scrollen notwendig ist. Mit Adobe-DRM wird hier ein "harter" Kopierschutz verwendet. Wenn die notwendigen Voraussetzungen nicht vorliegen, können Sie das E-Book leider nicht öffnen. Daher müssen Sie bereits vor dem Download Ihre Lese-Hardware vorbereiten.
Bitte beachten Sie bei der Verwendung der Lese-Software Adobe Digital Editions: wir empfehlen Ihnen unbedingt nach Installation der Lese-Software diese mit Ihrer persönlichen Adobe-ID zu autorisieren!