Intrinsic motivation is an abstract concept. In order to cultivate it in our schools, we must first explore its inception. My book "Hybrid Learning Environments" takes a comprehensive look at intrinsic motivation and how to cultivate it. It begins by explaining the importance of cultivating intrinsic motivation in all environments, hence the term hybrid. Next, it guides readers through the practical implications of brain-based research conducted by Maslow, Piaget, Bloom, and Jenson. Lastly, it ends with easy to implement activities and strategies that increase active engagement and intrinsic motivation.
In this book you will discover:
· How to think and teach with a purpose for a purpose
· How to intrinsically motivate students in-person and online
· Strategies to help our brains relax and learn
· The importance of nurturing visible and hidden talents
· How to create an environment that fosters intrinsic motivation
· How to answer the question, "When are we ever going to use this?"
Let's help our students "win from within" in all environments!