Twice Is Good is a guide for women of color to harness their power to lead across all areas of work life, take a stand on issues that matter to them and leverage their distinctive capacity for building inclusivity and community now.
With the emergence of the #MeToo, #TimesUp, and #BlackLivesMatter movements, as well as the election of the most diverse and female Congress in history, America is experiencing a referendum on what power and leadership looks like. Women of color are the answer to that referendum and uniquely positioned to assume powerful roles in the country. But first, is to be honest about the misogyny and racism that women of color experience at work and in their lives. In Twice as Good, Dr. Mary J. Wardell, an expert on diversity in the workplace and women of color in leadership, writes a stirring call-to-action for women of color who are ready to step into their power. Twice as Good shows women of color:
- Why their work community needs them to be the courageous leader
- The truth about why others fail to recognize the leadership capacity of women of color
- Ways to bring their passion and perspective into work to advance their leadership
- Stories from women of color who successfully aligned their personal power and cultural identity into their leadership
- Practices for taking the necessary steps to becoming a leader