This book provides a critical overview of technologies that are used within the fashion industry and supply chain, with a special emphasis on how they engender sustainability and the circular economy. The chapters present contemporary case studies alongside new research on technologies such as 3D printing, 3D scanning and recycling technology to assess the effect they will have on the future of fashion and its global supply chain.
Gianpaolo Vignali is a Senior Lecturer in Fashion Business and the Director of Teaching and Learning in the School of Materials at the University of Manchester, UK. He has written over 40 papers and books in the field of Marketing and Management and presented at numerous international conferences. His current research focuses on the case study technique in the service sector.
Louise F. Reid is a President's Doctoral Scholar and Graduate Teaching Assistant at the University of Manchester, UK and Lecturer at the University of Manchester and Nottingham Trent University, UK. Louise was the Conference Coordinator for the 15th CIRCLE International Conference 2018.
Daniella Ryding is a Senior Lecturer in Strategic Marketing Management at Manchester University, UK, and the Academic Lead for the New Academics Programme in the Faculty of Science and Engineering. She has published over 40 articles and several text book contributions, and sits on the editorial board for a number of academic business journals. Daniella is a member of the scientific committee and abstract coordinator for CIRCLE International.
Claudia E. Henninger is a Lecturer in Fashion Marketing Management at The University of Manchester, UK, where she teaches sustainability and strategic management. Claudia has presented her research at national and international conferences and published in leading journals. Claudia is the Deputy Chair of the Academy of Marketing SIG Sustainability.
2. Closing the Loop: Intentional Fashion Design Defined by Recycling Technologies
3. A Designer Contribution to the Use of CNC Machines Within the Supply Chain in Order to Extend Clothing Life Span
4. The Emergence of New Business Models to Foster Sustainability: Applying Technology to Revise the Fashion Industry
5. Removing the Dye Kitchen from the Textile Supply Chain
6. Designing Products for the Circular Economy
7. Digital Technology for Global Supply Chain in Fashion: A Contribution for Sustainability Development
8. 3D-Printing in the Fashion Industry: A Fad or the Future?
9. Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality: New Drivers for Fashion Retail?
10. Three-Dimensional Body Scanning in Sustainable Product Development: An Exploration of the Use of Body Scanning in the Production and Consumption of Female Apparel
11. Does Technology Affect Customer-Brand Relationships? A Study of Premium Fashion Consumers
12.Opening New Opportunities to Close the Loop: How Technology Influences the Circular Economy