Photoshop's adjustment and fill layers give you an amazing level of control and are the building blocks of innumerable techniques. In this definitive resource, Scott Valentine demonstrates how to use these simple but powerful tools through approachable hands-on examples, and he calls on other Photoshop experts to share their techniques.
Whether you're a professional or hobbyist, you'll learn techniques that give you an edge in technical, personal, and commercial projects. Beginning and intermediate users of Photoshop will learn how adjustment and fill layers work and get up to speed on the most common techniques. Advanced users will find indispensable reference material in addition to speedy solutions to vexing problems. More than just a collection of effects and recipes, The Hidden Power of Adjustment Layers in Adobe Photoshop explains why the techniques work and how to tune them for your specific needs.
- Powerful tips and techniques from industry experts, including Katrin Eismann, Pete Collins, and Corey Barker
- Straightforward teaching style from a veteran Photoshop user
- Richly illustrated with examples of over two-dozen techniques covering photography, compositing, and illustration
- Quick-reference guide to every fill and adjustment layer with before-and-after images for easy comparison
- Downloadable reference files and actions to explore and enhance your creativity (on the companion website)
Scott Valentine is an experimentalist by nature, using his background in physics, music, and theater to bring a unique perspective to sharing knowledge with other Photoshop users and photographers. He is also an Adobe Community Professional and has been a featured presenter for RetouchPRO and Wacom, written for Photoshop User Magazine, and actively supports Adobe user groups. His 2012 title, The Hidden Power of Blend Modes in Adobe Photoshop, was well received for combining creative and technical elements into an approachable work. When not at a keyboard...who are we kidding? Scott is nearly constantly at a keyboard. But sometimes he enjoys playing guitar, ice hockey, and spending time with his family.
Manipulating and Compositing
Illustration, Painting, and 3D
Quick Reference Guide to Adjustment and Fill Layers