The title says it all.
110 pieces say it in more detail.
Philosophy with an attitude. Because the unexamined life is dangerous.
(Note that this is a thematic collection containing almost all of the anti-sexism pieces from the previous Shit volumes, as well as about fifty new pieces.)
Peg Tittle has an M.A. in Philosophy, a B.Ed. in English and Man-in-Society [sic], and a B.A. in Literature and Philosophy (with a minor in Psychology).
She has written Critical Thinking: An Appeal to Reason (Routledge, 2011), What If...Collected Thought Experiments in Philosophy (Longman, 2005), Should Parents be Licensed? Debating the Issues (Prometheus, 2004), Ethical Issues in Business: Inquiries, Cases, and Readings (Broadview, 2000). She also contributed the Ethics unit to the high school philosophy text, Philosophy: Questions and Theories (McGraw-Hill Ryerson, 2003). Her papers have appeared in Sexuality & Culture: an interdisciplinary journal 1 (Autumn 1997), The International Journal of Applied Philosophy 11.1 (Summer/Fall 1996), and Philosophy in a Contemporary World 3.1 (Spring 1996) and have been anthologized in At Issue: Is Parenthood a Right or a Privilege? and Current Controversies: Child Abuse.
She was a columnist for The Philosopher Magazine's online philosophy café for eight years and for Philosophy Now for two years. Her columns have also been published on a regular basis in Humanist in Canada, Links, and Academic Exchange Quarterly and on an occasional basis in Inroads, The Nugget, Canadian HR Reporter, Elenchus, Teaching and Learning Literature, University Affairs, South Australian Humanist Post, Forum, and The Humanist.
She is also the author of several novels: Gender Fraud: a fiction, Impact, It Wasn't Enough, What Happened to Tom (on Goodreads' list of Fiction Books That Opened Your Eyes To A Social Or Political Issue), and Exile.
1. Mr. and Ms.
3. Women's Fiction
4. "Daddy, daddy, the house is on fire!" "Not now, sweetie, the game's on."
5. War Rape
6. Casual Day at the Office
7. Bang Bang
8. Surrogacy - Why Not?
9. School Crossing Signs
10. Grey's Anatomy, Flashpoint, and Who knows how many others (I don't - and
this is why)
11. Short Men
12. Sex and Salespeople
13. Games for Girls (Seriously? In 2012?)
14. Marriage: A Sexist Affair
15. Kids Behind the Wheel
16. I'm not a feminist. Feminism is so over. We live in a post-feminist world.
17. On the Radfem Doctrine of Separatism
18. Canterbury's Law
19. A Man Shaken by a Bomb
20. Christmas Elves
21. The Condom Recall
22. Whose Violence?
23. Arrogance, I think
25. To the Morons who Wear Make-up
26. Let's Talk about Sex
27. King of the Castle
28. Playing Basketball
29. Every Man, Woman, and Child
30. The Pill for Men
31. I can't possibly be strong
32. The Gender of Business
33. The Sexism Compensation Index (SCI)
34. In Praise of AIDS
35. The Soaps vs. The Game
36. Almost Psychopathic
37. What's so Funny about a Man getting Pregnant?
38. Freakonomics Indeed
39. Bare Breasts: Objections and Replies
40. Gay Bashing
41. Macho Music for the Mensa Crowd
42. Impoverished Scientists
43. Why Isn't Being a Soldier More Like Being a Mother?
44. Making Taxes Gender-Fair
45. Suicide, Insurance, and Dead Sugar Daddies
46. Hockey Brawls (and other cockfights)
47. Sex and So You Think You Can Dance
48. So you want to be a nurselady...
49. Against the Rape Shield
50. Dangerous Sports
51. Why are Women More Religious than Men?
52. Making Kids with AIDS
53. First (and last) Contact
54. Paying Stay-at-Home Moms
55. An End to War
56. When are (and When should) Words be Illegal?
57. Take Her Seriously
58. Brunettes, Blondes, and Redheads
59. Kept Women (and Men)
60. Porn's Harmless and Pigs Fly
61. Population Growth (i.e., rape)
63. Making Enemies
64. Why Do Men Spit? (and women don't?)
65. The Other Sex
66. The Part-time Ghetto
67. Message to Amy Farrah Fowler: LEAVE HIM NOW.
68. Men's and Women's Sports: A Modest Comparison
69. Men who need Mom to clean up after them
70. Sterilization: The Personal and the Political
71. Why Aren't There Any Great Women Xs?
72. Men, Noise, and A Simple Request, Really
73. A Little Less Evolved
74. When does the magical metamorphosis happen?
75. I'm too drunk. No I'm not.
+ 35 more