Water Conservation in the Era of Global Climate Change reviews key issues surrounding climate change and water resources. The book brings together experts from a variety of fields and perspectives, providing a comprehensive view on how climate change impacts water resources, how water pollution impacts climate change, and how to assess potential hazards and success stories on managing and addressing current issues in the field. Topics also include assessing policy impacts, innovative water reuse strategies, and information on impacts on fisheries and agriculture including food scarcity.
This book is an excellent tool for researchers and professionals in Climate Change, Climate Services and Water Resources, and those trying to combat the impacts and issues related to Global and Planetary Change.
- Covers a wide range of theoretical and practical issues related to how climate change impacts water resources and adaptation, with extended influence on agriculture, food and water security, policymaking, etc.
- Reviews mathematical tools and simulations models on predicting potential hazards from climate change in such a way they can be useful to readers from a variety of levels of mathematical expertise
- Examines the potential impacts on agriculture and drinking water quality
- Includes case studies of successful management of water and pollutants that contribute to climate change
1. Climatic and Environmental Impact on Water Resources and Conservation 2. Climate change impact and water resources management: prospects and challenges in present era 3. Policy to combat issues on climate change and water scarcity and quality degradation: regional, national and international 4. Impact of climate change and water quality degradation on food security, agriculture and fisheries 5. Climate change, sustainable agriculture and water resources 6. Indirect effects of climate change on the water cycle: migration and changing patterns of consumption 7. Possible futures for climate change and water nexus in the coming centuries 8. Probabilistic software models and mathematical simulations to predict the effects of climate change on water quality and vice versa 9. Groundwater Extractions and Global Climate Change 10. Urban water supply management: indirect issues of climate change leading to water scarcity scenarios in developing and under developing nations 11. Managing hydropower in an era of climate change 12. Water renovation and reuse strategies 13. Impact of climate change on freshwater ecosystem 14. The global socio-economic issues due to climate change and consequent usable water resources depletion 15. Water policies and climate change 16. Going local and basic approach: possible dialogue on climate change and water conservation 17. Impacts of climate change on water quality and its assessment 18. Climate change and water conservation impacts in developing countries 19. Scientific and technical analysis on impacts, adaptations and mitigation of climate change and water