Emotions, Technology, and Social Media discusses the ways the social media sphere uses emotion and technology, and how each of these has become part of the digital culture. The book explores this expression within a psychological theoretical framework, addressing feelings about social media, and its role in education and knowledge generation. The second section investigates the expression of feelings within social media spaces, while subsequent sections adopt a paradigm of active audience consumption to use social media to express feelings and maintain social connectivity.
- Discusses the significant relationships between Web 2.0 technologies and learning traits
- Presents studies about Facebook usage and individual emotional states
- Investigates the shared emotions in the construction of 'cyberculture?
- Shows the extent to which scientists use social media in their work, and the ways in which they use the social media
- Analyzes the consequences of the online disinhibition effect
- Examines YouTube as a source of opinions and discussions which can be used to track the emotions evoked by videos and the emotions expressed through textual comments
- Details how Reddit users' media choices are emotionally useful and gratifying in the 'memeplex?
- Links social interaction and the emotional life with that of digital devices and resources