Molecular Biology of Neurodegenerative Diseases: Visions for the Future, Part B, Volume 177
in the Progress in Molecular Biology and Translational Science
series, provides the most topical, informative and exciting monographs available on a wide variety of research topics. The series includes in-depth knowledge on the molecular biological aspects of organismal physiology, with this release including chapters on Alzheimer's disease, Prion-like propagation of alpha-synuclein, What - if anything - can we learn about neurodegenerative diseases from yeast?, Mitochondrial rejuvenation and replacement as a novel strategy for treatment of age-related neurodegenerative diseases, and more.
- Includes comprehensive coverage of molecular biology
- Presents ample use of tables, diagrams, schemata and color figures to enhance the reader's ability to rapidly grasp the information provided
- Contains contributions from renowned experts in the field
1. Relevance of transgenic mouse models for Alzheimer's disease
Leon Tai, Juan Maldonado Weng, Mary Jo LaDu and Scott Brady
2. Mitochondrial transplant to replenish damaged mitochondria: A novel therapeutic strategy for neurodegenerative diseases?
Abhisek Mukherjee, Andrea D Becerra Calixto, Melissa Chavez, Jean Paul Delgado Charris and Claudio Soto
3. Activity-dependent neuroprotective protein (ADNP)-end-binding protein (EB) interactions regulate microtubule dynamics toward protection against tauopathy
Yanina Ivashko-Pachima and Illana Gozes
4. Applying available knowledge and resources to alleviate familial and sporadic neurodegenerative disorders
Mark P. Mattson
5. The cellular machinery of post-endocytic APP trafficking in Alzheimer's disease: A future target for therapeutic intervention?
Lawrence S.B. Goldstein and Utpal Das
6. The search for novel targets in Alzheimer's disease-The 90s redux
7. Adult hippocampal neurogenesis in Alzheimer's disease
Ahmed Disouky and Orly Lazarov
8. Early detection and personalized medicine: Future strategies against Alzheimer's disease
Antonio Di Meco and Robert Vassar
9. Inflammation and Parkinson's disease pathogenesis: Mechanisms and therapeutic insight
Gianluigi Forloni, Pietro la Vitola, Milica Cerovic and Claudia Balducci