The Planning Guide to Piping Design, Second Edition, covers the entire process of managing and executing project piping designs, from conceptual to mechanical completion, also explaining what roles and responsibilities are required of the piping lead during the process. The book explains proven piping design methods in step-by-step processes that cover the increasing use of new technologies and software. Extended coverage is provided for the piping lead to manage piping design activities, which include supervising, planning, scheduling, evaluating manpower, monitoring progress and communicating the piping design.
With newly revised chapters and the addition of a chapter on CAD software, the book provides the mentorship for piping leads, engineers and designers to grasp the requirements of piping supervision in the modern age.
- Provides essential standards, specifications and checklists and their importance in the initial set-up phase of piping project's execution
- Explains and provides real-world examples of key procedures that the piping lead can use to monitor progress
- Describes project deliverables for both small and complex size projects
- Offers newly revised chapters including a new chapter on CAD software
1. Before You Begin 2. CAD and Design Automation 3. Procedures 4. Deliverables 5. Detailed Design 6. Shop Fabrication 7. Field Construction