Over 40 engaging recipes that will help you implement a full-featured XenDesktop(R) 7.6 architecture and its main satellite componentsAbout This BookImplement, configure, and optimize the migration from a physical to a VDI architecture using XenDesktop 7.6Publish desktops and applications to the end user devices, optimizing their performance and increasing the security for the delivered resourcesA pragmatic guide that helps you to explore the XenDesktop 7.6 architecture and its related components to implement a service-oriented architecture based on the Citrix FlexCast approachWho This Book Is ForIf you are a system administrator or an experienced IT professional who wants to refer to a centralized container of procedures and advanced tasks in XenDesktop, this is the book for you.Experience of the virtualized environment and an understanding of the general concepts of desktop virtualization (VDI) are required.What You Will LearnUpgrade from XenDesktop 5.6 / 7.x to XenDesktop 7.6Configure and deploy virtual machines for XenDesktop 7.6Perform configuration and optimization operations for desktop and server OS images for future deploymentsPlan and configure XenDesktop user experienceExecute desktop environment administration tasks, including catalog creation, power management, and resource allocationUnderstand how to publish the hosted applications, Local Access Apps (LAA), and applications using Microsoft App-VWork with XenDesktop PowerShell to reduce the time required to perform the management tasks by the creation of the PowerShell scriptsImplement the two-factor hardware and software authentication for XenDesktopInstall and configure Citrix Netscaler Gateway 10.5 and Citrix XenMobile 10 to improve the quality, the performance, and the manageability of your Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) architectureIn DetailIn the era of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) and consecration of the mobile devices, Citrix has strengthened its position in this market, powering its desktop and application virtualization platforms, integrating the ability to publish virtual and physical desktops with the capability to assign applications and contents in a secure manner on any device, anywhere, more than previous versions. The XenDesktop 7.6 version is a more integrated platform, which permits the use and interaction with mobility and cloud platforms leaders in the market.This book will help you understand how to implement, configure, and optimize migration from a physical to a VDI architecture, moving from a standard application approach to a centralized and more secure way to assign and release resources to the end users.The book begins with the upgrade and installation procedures for the core infrastructural components, along with an explanation of how to deploy and optimize procedures for desktop virtual machines. Moving on, you will perform desktop and applications deployment through the XenDesktop core plus integrated publishing platforms, such as Microsoft App-V.Finally, the book explains how to install and configure important collateral platforms such as the Citrix Netscaler, Citrix CloudBridge and Citrix XenMobile platforms, along with execution of the most advanced activities and configurations.Style and approachThis book is a step-by-step course that includes standard and high-level tasks oriented to deploy a full-functioning Citrix environment. This practical approach is based on both GUI and command-line operations, which gives IT professionals an alternative on the way to operate, where possible.
weitere Ausgaben werden ermittelt
Gaspare A. Silvestri is an IT specialist with 10 years of experience in the information technology market. During his career, he covered a set of different infrastructural roles, including the important role of CTO for an ICT company, based in Italy. He considers his job to be the most enduring of all his passions, with a particular preference in the areas of virtualization and Unix.
He is always curious and in search of new IT projects on which he performs his research activities.
Gaspare has been involved in the design, tuning, and consolidation of physical and virtual infrastructures for the important system integration companies that are based in Italy.
Gaspare is also the author of Citrix XenDesktop 5.6 Cookbook and Citrix (R) XenDesktop (R) 7 Cookbook, published by Packt Publishing.
- About the Author
- About the Reviewers
- Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: XenDesktop® 7.6 - Upgrading, Installation, and Configuration
- Upgrading from XenDesktop® 5.6/7.x to XenDesktop® 7.6
- Preparing the SQL Server 2012 database
- Installing and configuring the Citrix® Licensing Services (11.12.1)
- Installing XenDesktop® 7.6 components
- Installing and configuring StoreFront® 2.6
- Installing and configuring Provisioning Services® 7.6
- Chapter 2: Configuring and Deploying Virtual Machines for XenDesktop® 7.6
- Configuring the XenDesktop® Site
- Configuring XenDesktop® 7.6 to interact with Citrix XenServer® 6.2
- Configuring XenDesktop® 7.6 to interact with VMware vSphere 5.x
- Configuring XenDesktop® 7.6 to interact with Microsoft Hyper-V
- Chapter 3: Master Image Configuration and Tuning
- Configuring and optimizing a desktop OS master image
- Configuring and optimizing a server OS master image
- Configuring a target device - the PVS architecture
- Installing and configuring the master image policies
- Chapter 4: User Experience - Planning and Configuring
- Implementing profile architecture
- Installing Virtual Desktop Agent - server OS and desktop OS
- Installing and configuring the HDX Monitor
- Configuring the Citrix Receiver®
- Configuring Citrix Receiver® for HTML 5 1.5 - clientless
- Chapter 5: Creating and Configuring a Desktop Environment
- Creating and configuring the machine catalog
- Modifying an existing machine catalog
- Using the Citrix Director® 7.6 platform
- Chapter 6: Deploying Applications
- Publishing the hosted applications
- Publishing the Local Access Apps (LAA)
- Publishing applications using Microsoft App-V
- Using Citrix AppDNA® 7.6
- Chapter 7: XenDesktop® Infrastructure Tuning
- Configuring the XenDesktop® policies
- Configuring printers
- Configuring USB devices
- Configuring the XenDesktop® logging
- Chapter 8: XenDesktop® Component Integration
- Configuring the CloudBridge® 7.4 platform
- Installing and configuring Citrix Netscaler Gateway® 10.5
- Installing and configuring Citrix XenMobile® 10
- Chapter 9: Working with XenDesktop® PowerShell
- Retrieving system information - Configuration Service cmdlets
- Managing Active Directory accounts - ADIdentity cmdlets
- Managing the Citrix® Desktop Controller and its resources - Broker and AppV cmdlets
- Administering hosts and machines - Host and MachineCreation cmdlets
- Managing additional components - StoreFront® admin and logging cmdlets
- Chapter 10: Configuring the XenDesktop® Advanced Logon
- Implementing the two-factor hardware authentication for XenDesktop® 7
- Implementing strong authentication for XenDesktop® 7 - RADIUS platform
- Implementing the two-factor software authentication for XenDesktop® 7
Adobe-DRM (Digital Rights Management)Systemvoraussetzungen:
Computer (Windows; MacOS X; Linux): Installieren Sie bereits vor dem Download die kostenlose Software Adobe Digital Editions (siehe E-Book Hilfe).
Tablet/Smartphone (Android; iOS): Installieren Sie bereits vor dem Download die kostenlose App Adobe Digital Editions (siehe E-Book Hilfe).
E-Book-Reader: Bookeen, Kobo, Pocketbook, Sony, Tolino u.v.a.m. (nicht Kindle)
Das Dateiformat EPUB ist sehr gut für Romane und Sachbücher geeignet - also für "fließenden" Text ohne komplexes Layout. Bei E-Readern oder Smartphones passt sich der Zeilen- und Seitenumbruch automatisch den kleinen Displays an. Mit Adobe-DRM wird hier ein "harter" Kopierschutz verwendet. Wenn die notwendigen Voraussetzungen nicht vorliegen, können Sie das E-Book leider nicht öffnen. Daher müssen Sie bereits vor dem Download Ihre Lese-Hardware vorbereiten.