There's simply no better resource for anyone learning about and/or teaching CAD software than the Beginning AutoCAD Exercise Workbook. Veteran AutoCAD experts and former instructors Shrock and Heather have packed the 2021 version with a vastly improved interior design layout, 30 in-depth lessons with hundreds of useful practice exercises, all new screenshots, along with tried and true features such as "CAD tips" and side-by-side metric/inch measurements. The detailed, step-by-step format makes mastering AutoCAD much easier, in or out of a formal classroom. Readers can download the provided templates used for drawings in the book from the Industrial Press website.
New and/or Improved Features in Beginning AutoCAD 2021
- Streamlined Trim and Extend command-Boundary edges are now selected automatically, making trimming or extending objects far more efficient.
- Revision Cloud enhancements-Users can use one value that measures the chord distance between the end points of each cloud arc to create more consistent revision clouds.
- Measure Geometry: Quick Measure-The area and perimeter of closed objects (and even multiple objects) can be measured with a simple click, all in one go.
- Beginning AutoCAD 2021 contains more content than ever before, yet has been redesigned and reduced by more than 100 pages, making it more manageable to read and carry.
* Starting AutoCAD * Creating & Using a Template * Selecting a Command * Drawing Lines * Erase * Undo and Redo * Starting a New Drawing * Opening Multiple Files * Automatic Save * Circle * Rectangle * Grid and Increment Snap * Transparency * Object Snap * Zoom * Drawing Setup * Polygon * Ellipse * Point * Break * Trim * Extend * Move * Drag * Explode * Copy * Mirror * Fillet * Chamfer * Single & Multiline Text * Tabs & Indents * Columns * Paragraph & Line Spacing * Editing * Coordinate Input * Absolute Coordinates * Direct Distance Entry (DDE) * Measure Tools * Moving the Origin * Displaying the UCS Icon * Polar Coordinate Input * Dynamic Input* Polar Tracking * Using Polar Tracking & DDE * Polar Snap * Offset * Properties Palette * Quick Properties Panel * Array * Scale: Stretch: Rotate * Hatch Types * Editing Hatch Set Properties * Linear, Continue, & Baseline Dimensioning * Ignoring Hatch Objects * Editing Dimension Text Values * Modifying a Dimension Style * Dimension Breaks * Jogging a Dimension Line * Adjusting the Distance Between Dimensions * Dimensioning Diameters & Radii * Angular Dimensioning * Center Mark-Automatic & Manual * Centerline * Flip Arrow * Creating a Multileader Style * Special Text Characters * Dim Command… and much more!