Emphasizing the clinical problems surrounding urogenital tract dysfunction, this up-to-date reference details the basic science, differential diagnosis, and treatment of a wide range of neurourological conditions.
Covering recent advances in the neurobiology of the pelvic organs, the Handbook of Neuro-Urology
- reviews the neural control processes that govern pelvic organs
- discusses the pathogenic mechanisms behind neurological and smooth muscle disorders that produce bladder dysfunction
- describes the management of impaired bladder, bowel, and sexual function after brain damage and spinal cord injury
- examines various conditions that affect the autonomic nervous system and specifically result in bladder and sexual dysfunction
- investigates lower urinary tract function in the elderly
- suggests practical measures to manage urinary incontinence such as the use of pads, underpants, and appliances
- and more!
David N. Rushton