The new edition of Clinical Nursing Practices reflects the many changes in nurse education and practice. A team of clinical and education experts has updated the core practices contained within this text, while to ensure continuity the previous editors have acted as consultants in the development of this edition.
To reflect the continuing evolution of nursing and nursing practice, this new 6th edition emphasizes the importance of evidence-based practice, values-based care, person centred care, health and social care integration and interprofessional education.
To encourage reflective practice, self-assessment questions remain at the end of each chapter for some of the practices. Where appropriate, certain practices are evidenced mainly by National Guidelines and Standards such as Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation, Infection Control and Blood Transfusion; consequently, the presentation of the skill or procedure reflects this.
The updated text addresses the wider issues which impact on everyday nursing and healthcare practice and is specially written to meet the needs of nurses today. The core philosophy of book, however, remains the same: to encourage its readers to deliver the highest quality care to each individual patient, safely and effectively.
- Simple and straightforward step-by-step account of the key clinical procedures with clear learning outcomes.
- For nurses learning procedures for the first time, for newly qualified nurses needing to check their knowledge or for nurses returning to work needing an update or refresher.
- Equips readers to deliver high quality, safe and effective care to patients.
- References the new NMC standards of proficiency
- Updates to all chapters and skills
- New Action-Rationale format - clearly shows the reasons for performing each procedure.