This book introduces the main concepts of manufacturing systems and presents several evaluation approaches for these systems' evaluation. The relevant macroergonomics methods are summarized and the theoretical framework for Macroergonomic Compatibility construct is explained. This book presents a Macroergonomic Compatibility Model which proposes an instrument in the form of a Macroergonomic. The authors introduce a methodology to obtain a novel Macroergonomic Compatibility Index that enables manufacturing companies to assess and follow their progress on the implementation of macroergonomics practices.
Dr. Realyvásquez-Vargas is an Industrial Engineer with 7+ years experience in Ergonomics.
Dr. Maldonado-Macias is a Professor at the Autonomous University of Ciudad Juarez. She is an expert in Ergonomics design and evaluation and currently she is the Secretary for the Mexican Ergonomic Association, A.C.
Dr. Garcia-Alcaraz is a National Researcher level 1 from National Council for Science and Technology in Mexico, expert in lean manufacturing methodologies and advanced manufacturing technologies.
Part I. MACROERGONOMICS IN MANUFACTURING SYSTEMS
1. Conceptualization of manufacturing systems
2. Evaluation approaches for manufacturing systems
3. Macroergonomics methods for manufacturing systems design and evaluation
4. Macroergonomic compatibility concept for manufacturing systems
Part II .MACROERGONOMIC COMPATIBILITY FACTORS
5. Macroergonomics factors for manufacturing systems
6. Impact of macroergonomics factors in manufacturing systems' performance
7. Modelling the impact of macroergonomic factor "person" on manufacturing systems' performance
8. Modelling the impact of macroergonomic factor "organization" on manufacturing systems' performance
9. Modelling the impact of macroergonomic factor "information technologies" on manufacturing systems' performance
10. Modelling the impact of macroergonomic factor "task" on manufacturing systems' performance
Part III. MACROERGONOMIC COMPATIBILITY INDEX FOR MANUFACTURING SYSTEMS
11. Fuzzy logic approach for manufacturing systems evaluation
12. Dimensional analysis applications
13. Measuring the performance of manufacturing systems
14. Macroergonomic compatibility index for manufacturing systems
15. Macroergonomic compatibility index for manufacturing systems: case studies