The Fifth Edition of the premier guide to interior design business practices—now with a companion website
For more than twenty years, Professional Practice for Interior Designers has remained the leading choice for educators teaching interior design business practice as well as for professionals seeking to advance in their own practices. This ASID/Polsky Prize winner covers the full range of legal, financial, management, marketing, administrative, and ethical issues faced by interior designers today and is recommended by the NCIDQ for exam preparation. Written in a clear, down-to-earth style, it covers the topics and tools essential for planning, building, and maintaining a thriving commercial or residential interior design business.
This Fifth Edition is fully current with the latest business practices and offers a range of new features:
- User-friendly, revised chapter organization that makes information even easier to find and follow—with material arranged by general business practices, organizing and managing a practice, and job search and career options
- New or updated coverage of professional responsibility, social media marketing, sustainable design practice, job strategies, and other key subjects
- Additional "What Would You Do?" case studies that challenge you to respond to issues faced by interior designers today
- Extra pedagogical tools, including chapter objectives and "NCIDQ Component" boxes throughout the book that flag material relevant for the exam
- Companion website containing sample forms and other resources
Companion Website: wiley.com/go/ppid
CHRISTINE M. PIOTROWSKI, FASID, IIDA, currently based in Phoenix, Arizona, provides consulting services to interior designers on business practices. She is a former professor of interior design at Northern Arizona University and has more than twenty-five years of commercial and residential design experience. She has won the ASID/Polsky Prize twice and received honorable mention once. Her books include Becoming an Interior Designer, Designing Commercial Interiors, and Problem Solving and Critical Thinking for Designers.