This is the first book to tell the story of the diplomacy that has made the international trading system what it is today. It reveals how three major transformations over the past two centuries have shaped the way goods, services, capital and labour cross borders, as buyers and sellers meet in the global marketplace.
Geoffrey Allen Pigman is a Research Associate in the Department of Political Sciences at the University of Pretoria, South Africa.
1. International Trade As Diplomacy
2. Liberalization: The First Transformation
3. Institutionalization: The Second Transformation
4. Judicialization: The Third Transformation
5. Transforming Trade Diplomacy Anew?