The first of its kind, Neck and Arm Pain Syndromes is a comprehensive evidence- and clinical-based book, covering research-based diagnosis, prognosis and management of neuromusculoskeletal pathologies and dysfunctions of the upper quadrant, including joint, muscle, myofascial and neural tissue approaches.
It uniquely addresses the expanding role of the various health care professions which require increased knowledge and skills in screening for contra-indications and recognizing the need for medical-surgical referral. Neck and Arm Pain Syndromes also stresses the integration of experiential knowledge and a pathophysiologic rationale with current best evidence.
- the only one-stop guide for examination and treatment of the upper quadrant supported by accurate scientific and clinical-based data
- acknowledges the expanding direct access role of the various health professions both at the entry-level and postgraduate level
- addresses concerns among clinicians that research is overemphasized at the expense of experiential knowledge and pathophysiologic rationale
- multiple-contributed by expert clinicians and researchers with an international outlook
- covers diagnosis, prognosis and conservative treatment of the most commonly seen pain syndromes in clinical practice
- over 800 illustrations demonstrating examination procedures and techniques