Current Developments in Biotechnology and Bioengineering: Current Advances in Solid-State Fermentation provides knowledge and information on solid-state fermentation involving the basics of microbiology, biochemistry, molecular biology, genetics and principles of genetic engineering, metabolic engineering and biochemical engineering. This volume of the series is on Solid-State fermentation (SSF), which would cover the basic and applied aspects of SSF processes, including engineering aspects such as design of bioreactors in SSF. The book offers a pool of knowledge on biochemical and microbiological aspects as well as chemical and biological engineering aspects of SSF to provide an integrated knowledge and version to the readers.
- Provides state-of-the-art information on basic and fundamental principles of solid-state fermentation
- Includes key features for the education and understanding of biotechnology education and R&D, in particular on SSF
- Lists fermentation methods for the production of a wide variety of enzymes and metabolites
- Provides examples of the various industrial applications of enzymes in solid state fermentation
1. Advances in solid-state fermentation 2. Advance in porous characteristics of the solid matrix in solid-state fermentation 3. Fungal growth on solid substrates: A physiological overview 4. Kinetics of the solid-state fermentation process 5. Design of bioreactors in solid-state fermentation 6. Online monitoring of solid-state fermentation using respirometry 7. Bioreactors for the production of biological control agents produced by solid-state fermentation 8. Solid-state fermentation for the production of lipases for environmental and biodiesel applications 9. Solid-state fermentation for the on-site production of cellulolytic enzymes and their use in the saccharification of lignocellulosic biomass 10. Solid-state fermentation for the production of proteases and amylases and their application in nutrient medium production 11. Solid-state fermentation for laccases production and their applications 12. Agricultural residues as animal feed: Protein enrichment and detoxification using solid-state fermentation 13. Secondary metabolites production: Physiological advantages in solid-state fermentation 14. Solid-state fermentation for the production of mushrooms 15. Solid-state fermentation for food applications 16. Solid-state fermentation for vthe production of biosurfactants 17. Solid-state fermentation for vermicomposting: A step toward sustainable and healthy soil 18. Solid-state fermentation for the production of organic acids 19. Solid-state fermentation and plant-beneficial microorganisms 19. Solid-state fermentation and plant beneficial microorganisms
Newbooks Subjects & Qualifier
Dewey Decimal Classfication (DDC)