Master Force.com, Today's Fastest, Most Flexible Cloud Development Platform
With Salesforce.com's Force.com platform, you can build and deploy powerful cloud-based enterprise applications faster than ever before. Now, Jason Ouellette gives you all the practical, technical guidance you need to make the most of the newest Force.com releases in your own custom cloud applications.
Throughout, he adds new code and updated best practices for rapidly prototyping, building, and testing production-quality Force.com solutions. This edition's extensive new coverage includes Developer Console, JSON, Streaming and Tooling APIs, Bulk API, Force.com Canvas, REST integration, support for Web MVC frameworks, Dynamic Apex and Visualforce, and an all-new chapter on mobile user interfaces.
Ouellette covers the entire platform: UIs, database design, analytics, security, and many other topics. His code examples emphasize maintainability, flexibility, and seamless integration-and you can run and adapt all of them with a free Force.com Developer Edition account. Coverage includes:
- Leveraging Force.com's customizable infrastructure to deliver advanced Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) solutions
- Understanding Force.com's unique processes, tools, and architecture
- Developing a complete application, from requirements and use cases through deployment
- Using the Force.com database as a framework for highly flexible, maintainable applications
- Applying Force.com's baked-in security, including user identity, data ownership, and fine-grained access control
- Constructing powerful business logic with Apex, SOQL, and SOSL
- Adopting asynchronous actions, Single Page Applications, and other advanced features in Web user interfaces
- Building intuitive user interfaces with Visualforce, and extending them to public-facing websites and mobile devices
- Creating smartphone/tablet-friendly apps with HTML5 and Visualforce
- Performing massive data-intensive tasks offline with Batch Apex
- Using Force.com integration options, including REST, SOAP, Canvas, and the Streaming, Bulk, Tooling, and Metadata APIs
- Developing internal social applications with Force.com's Chatter collaboration tools
If you're already building Web or mobile applications, take your next giant step into enterprise cloud development-with Development with the Force.com Platform, Third Edition.
All code examples in this book are available on Github at http://goo.gl/fjRqMX, and as a Force.com IDE project on Github at https://github.com/jmouel/dev-with-force-3e.
Jason Ouellette is a SaaS entrepreneur and independent technology consultant with 17 years of experience in the enterprise software industry, including 9 years of hands-on work with Salesforce.com. He is currently CTO and Co-Founder of SocialPandas, a SaaS product company focused on converting social data into actionable intelligence for salespeople. In his prior role as Chief Architect of Appirio, a leading Salesforce.com consultancy, he led the development of popular Salesforce AppExchange applications such as Cloud Sync, Cloud Factor, and Professional Services Enterprise. He was recognized by Salesforce as a Force.com MVP in 2011-2013, and Force.com Developer Hero in 2009. He has a B.S. in Information and Decision Systems from Carnegie Mellon University.