Delve into the Broadcom VideoCore GPU used on the Raspberry Pi and master topics such as OpenGL ES and OpenMAX. Along the way, you'll also learn some Dispmanx, OpenVG, and GPGPU programming.
The author, Jan Newmarch bumped into a need to do this kind of programming while trying to turn the RPi into a karaoke machine: with the CPU busting its gut rendering MIDI files, there was nothing left for showing images such as karaoke lyrics except for the GPU, and nothing really to tell him how to do it.
Raspberry Pi GPU Audio Video Programming
scratches his itch and since he had to learn a lot about RPi GPU programming, he might as well share it with you. What started as a side issue turned into a full-blown project of its own; and this stuff is hard.
What You'll Learn
Who This Book Is For
- Use Dispmanx and EGL on Raspberry Pi
- Work with OpenMAX and its components, state, IL Client Library, * * Buffers, and more on RPi
- Process images and video on RPi
- Handle audio on RPi
- Render OpenMAX to OpenGL on the RPi
- Play multimedia files on the RPi
- Use OpenVG for text processing and more
- Master overlays
You should be comfortable with C programming and at least some concurrency and thread programming using it. This book is for experienced programmers who are new or learning about Raspberry Pi.
1. Introduction to Raspberry Pi2. Khronos Group3. Compiling Programs for the Raspberry Pi4. Dispmanx on the Raspberry Pi5. EGL on RPi6. OpenGL ES on RPi7. OpenMAX on RPi Concepts8. OpenMAX Components9. OpenMAX on the RPi State10. OpenMAX IL Client Library on the RPi11. OpenMAX Buffers on the RPi12. Image Processing on the RPi13. OpenMAX Video Processing on the RPi14. OpenMAX Audio on the RPi15. Rendering OpenMAX to OpenGL on the RPi16. Playing Multimedia Files on the RPi17. Basic OpenVG on the RPi18. Text Processing in OpenVG on the RPi19. Overlays on the RPi