Plan how to build a better app, grow it into a business, and earn money from your hard work using Firebase. In this book, Laurence Moroney, Staff Developer Advocate at Google, takes you through each of the 15 Firebase technologies, showing you how to use them with concrete examples. You'll see how to build cross-platform apps with the three pillars of the Firebase platform: technologies to help you develop apps with a real-time database, remote configuration, cloud messaging, and more; grow your apps with user sharing, search integration, analytics, and more; and earn from your apps with in-app advertising.
What You'll Learn
- Use the real-time database for a codeless middleware that gives online and offline data for syncing across your users' devices
- Master Firebase Cloud Messaging, a technology that delivers to connected devices in less than 500ms
- Grow your app organically with technologies such App Indexing, App Invites, and Dynamic Links
- Understand problems when they arise with crash reporting
- Fix user problems without direct access to users' devices
- Tie it all together with analytics that give you great intelligence about how users interact with your app
Who This Book Is For
Experienced Android, mobile app developers new to Firebase. This book is also for experienced web developers looking to build and deploy web apps for smartphones and tablets, too, who may be new or less experienced with mobile programming.
Laurence Moroney is Firebase Developer Advocate at Google. He is also a top selling author. He is host of Coffee with a Googler on YouTube! He has over 10 years in software development and architecture, specializing in interoperability, security and performance in such diverse industries as casinos, jails, the U.S. Border Patrol, airports, professional soccer teams and financial services. He has written several books on computing, including some on Web Services Security, ASP.NET and Java/.NET interoperability, as well as dozens of articles on various technology issues. He lives in Sammamish, Washington with his wife, Rebecca, and children, Claudia and Christopher.
1. An Introduction to Firebase2. Using Authentication in Firebase3. The Firebase Realtime Database4. Cloud Storage for Firebase5. Using Firebase Hosting 6. Using Test Lab for Android7. Understanding Crashes 8. Cloud Functions for Firebase9. Firebase Cloud Messaging10. Firebase App Indexing 11. Remote Configuration 12. Dynamic Links and Invites 13. Using AdMob14. Google Analytics for Firebase