The Heroine's Journey to Self-Redefinition is an invitation to explore how women can develop their self-identity consciously by journeying within to identify their source of power. It is a personal development book that uses storytelling and reflective activities to help identify personal values and motives. It provides actionable steps to create alignment between one's thoughts, beliefs and one's actions to minimize fear of the future and regret of the past - suffering. Self-belief is the beginning of the journey to courageously reset.
Crucial themes covered in this book are journeys, transitions, and transformations, which are crucial for women to develop their whole self to balance their feminine and masculine energies. This is an excellent book for women undergoing a period of change in their lives from moving to a new country; becoming a mother; taking on a leadership role; starting a second professional act later in life or entering into retirement.
Women leaders and their journey of self-redefinition
Reflection: Embracing silence to find your inner heroine
Who am I and What is my purpose in life?
- Leadership Lesson 1: What are my Values?
- Home Play Activity: Values List
- Debrief: Creating alignment and congruence in your life
Insight: Soul work
Reflection: The Heroine's Journey, Maureen Murdoch
Becoming more Self-Aware on Your Journey
- Leadership Lesson 2: Understanding Self
- Debrief: "What are my Top 5 Blissful Moments in Life?
- Home Play Activity: What Makes Your Heart Sing?
Reflection: The End of Violence: The Wisdom of Opposites
Boost your Self Confidence
- Leadership Lesson 3: Who do you admire?
- Home Play Activity: Who are your Top 3 Role Models?
- Debrief: Demonstrating those qualities more in my life
- Consider Life Coaching During a Transition
- Podcast Series: Fika with Milka at iTunes Store
- Article: Be Your Own Heroine: Prince Charming is Not Going to Save You
- Parting Words
- References and Further Reading