HOW TO GET A GREAT JOB - AND KEEP IT!
Do you long for a fantastic JOB that is tailored specifically to YOU? This GROUND-BREAKING book will share VITAL SECRETS in excelling in job interviews and landing you a job you LOVE.
- Unpack proven strategies to excel in the interview
- Learn vital preparation techniques in today's tough job environment
- Discover the best self-marketing strategies
- Uncover the hidden job market
- Prepare yourself mentally and physically for the job you want
- Edge out the competition
- Use your unique strengths to stand out from the crowd
- Tailor your resume for the position you want
- Master difficult interview questions
- Handle tough interviews
- Learn how retrenchment can lead to a positive future
- Deal with discrimination in the workplace
Leveraging from a highly successful professional and academic background, the author has acquired a wide range of experience in numerous businesses and business start-ups. Her long years in media, recruitment and mentoring together with an ever-increasing interest in Positive Psychology has led her to reach out to job seekers everywhere with this book to guide them deftly into jobs from which they can derive real meaning, enjoyment and self worth.
How to cope with job loss - and win!
What is a 'great' job
The starting point
What are you looking for in a job?
Next, let's define what you don't want in a job!
Now you know what you're looking for, how will you find it?
Using 'the network'!
The Clayton's approach to jobseeking
Preparing your resume
The covering letter
Job application forms
Letters of Introduction
Job hunting…if you are currently employed
Job hunting…if you are unemployed
Managing time effectively
Landing an Interview
Arranging interviews while you are still employed
Preparing for the interview
The day of the interview
Know your interviewers
Questions you are likely to be asked
Questions you can ask them!
Caution: a couple of don'ts
When your interview is over
If you've been waiting for days but no feedback
If, after all the preparation, you weren't invited for interview
If you were interviewed - but didn't get the job!
If you are offered the job
The management culture
Discrimination in the workplace
Be your own boss
Self employment questionnaire
How high should I set my goal?
Buying a business
Premises: leased or freehold?
The great little home-based business
Interview with top economist Phil Ruthven
Setting out the resume