Technological developments in recent years have been tremendous. This evolution is visible in companies through technological equipment, computerized procedures, and management practices associated with technologies. One of the management practices that is visible is related to business intelligence and analytics (BI&A). Concepts such as data warehousing, key performance indicators (KPIs), data mining, and dashboards are changing the business arena.
This book aims to promote research related to these new trends that open up a new field of research in the small and medium enterprises (SMEs) area.
- Focuses on the more recent research findings occurring in the fields of BI&A
- Conveys how companies in the developed world are facing today's technological challenges
- Shares knowledge and insights on an international scale
- Provides different options and strategies to manage competitive organizations
- Addresses several dimensions of BI&A in favor of SMEs
Pedro Novo Melo is Assistant Professor at the Polytechnic Institute of Cávado and Ave. He has a PhD degree in Business Administration at University of Minho. His main areas of interest are organizational behavior, human resource practices and its relationship with the business strategy, with special emphasis on SMEs. In recent years, he has focused his research on digital HRM and Innovation in human resources management.
Carolina Machado received her PhD degree in Management Sciences (Organizational and Politics Management area / Human Resources Management) from the University of Minho in 1999, Master degree in Management (Strategic Human Resource Management) from Technical University of Lisbon in 1994, and Degree in Business Administration from University of Minho in 1989. Teaching in the Human Resources Management subjects since 1989 at University of Minho, she is since 2004 Associated Professor, with experience and research interest areas in the field of Human Resource Management, International Human Resource Management, Human Resource Management in SMEs, Training and Development, Emotional Intelligence, Management Change, Knowledge Management and Management/HRM in the Digital Age. She is Head of the Department of Management and Head of the Human Resources Management Work Group at University of Minho, as well as Chief Editor of the International Journal of Applied Management Sciences and Engineering (IJAMSE), Guest Editor of journals, books Editor and book Series Editor, as well as reviewer in different international prestigious journals. In addition, she has also published both as editor/co-editor and as author/co-author several books, book chapters and articles in journals and conferences.
1. Process Mining - Prerequisites and Their Applicability for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises
Alexander Zeisler, Christopher Bernhard and Julian Marius Müller
2. Using Customer Analytics to Succeed: The Case of Mexican SMEs
Laura Zapata-Cantú, Teresa Treviño, and Flor Morton
3. Data Management Software Solutions for Business Sustainability - An Overview
4. A Paradigm Shift in Accounting and Auditing in the Era of Big Data
Adelaide Martins, Ana Paula Silva and Alexandra Fontes
5. Mobile Advertising Framework: Format, Location and Context
Bilal Aslam and Heikki Karjaluoto
6. Marketing Analytics: Why Measuring Web and Social Media Matters
Xabier Martínez-Rolán and Teresa Piñeiro-Otero
7. Managers' Perception of Business Intelligence Capability of SMEs in Turkey
Mine Afacan Findikli, Mustafa Sundu and Okan Yasar
8. The Development of Loyalty Programs in the Retail Sector
Muniba Rauf and Heikki Karjaluoto
9. Business Intelligence, Big Data, and Data Governance
Hélder Quintela, Davide Carneiro and Luís Ferreira