Quickly ramp up your practical knowledge of Apache JMeter for software performance testing and focus on actual business problems. This step-by-step guide covers what you will need to know to write and execute test scripts, and verify the results.
Pro Apache JMeter covers almost every aspect of Apache JMeter in detail and includes helpful screenshots and a case study. A performance primer chapter provides a high-level summary of terms used in performance testing on a day-to-day basis that also is useful for non-technical readers.
A sample web application Digital Toys has been developed and test scripts are provided for you to try while progressing through the chapters.
What You'll Learn
- Create and execute an Apache JMeter test plan
- Interpret the results of your test plan
- Understand distributed testing using Apache JMeter
- Use Apache JMeter advanced features such as JDBC, REST, FTP, AJAX, SOAP, and mobile performance testing
- Read a sample case study covering end-to-end planning and execution of a performance testing project
- Generate and analyze a performance dashboard
Who This Book Is For
Software performance testing professionals, quality assurance professionals, architects, engineers, project managers, product managers
Sai Matam has 20+ years of diverse experience in software development, including significant experience in performance testing and tuning. He has worked on tuning Java and web applications with many millions of page visits.
Jagdeep Jain has more than a decade of experience in software quality assurance and testing. He holds a degree in Computer Science & Engineering. He is a firm believer and advocate of test automation, and has used Apache JMeter extensively.