Genetics, Neurology, Behavior, and Diet in Dementia: The Neuroscience of Dementia, Volume 2
consolidates different fields of dementia research into a single book, covering a range of subjects, including Alzheimer's disease, Lewy body dementia, mixed dementia, vascular dementia, physical activity, risk factors, mortality, biomarkers, SPECT, CT, MRI, questionnaires, nutrition, sleep, delirium, hearing loss, agitation, aggression, delusions, anxiety, depression, hallucinations, psychosis, senile plaques, tau and amyloid-beta, neuroinflammation, and molecular biology. This foundational, comprehensive book assembles the latest understanding on all dementias and their common features in a single source. It is an invaluable resource for neuroscientists, neurologists, and anyone in the field.
- Offers comprehensive coverage of a broad range of topics related to dementia
- Serves as a foundational collection for neuroscientists and neurologists on the biology of dementia and brain dysfunction
- Contains in each chapter an abstract, key facts, mini dictionary of terms, and summary points to aid in understanding
- Provides unique sections on specific subareas, intellectual components, and knowledge-based niches that will help readers navigate key areas for research and further clinical recommendations
- Features preclinical and clinical studies to help researchers map out key areas for research and further clinical recommendations
- Serves as a 'one-stop' source for everything you need to know about dementia