This long-awaited, last installment of Reverend Edward A. Malloy's three-volume memoir examines his eighteen years as president of the University of Notre Dame from 1987 to 2005. In this candid and lively account, Malloy, or "Monk" to all who know him, shares his reflections on his presidency following the long-term leadership of Theodore M. Hesburgh, C.S.C. Malloy describes his transition into the presidency, his approach to leadership, issues related to Catholic identity, the importance of fund-raising, and finding the proper balance in intercollegiate athletics. Communication issues were of paramount importance during Malloy's tenure, and he discusses how he fostered good relationships with the surrounding community, and supported trustees, administration, faculty, and other important constituencies in the governance of the university. An inveterate multitasker, he also examines how he organized his office and schedule, worked with administrative associates, handled a busy domestic and international travel schedule, sustained his participation in numerous external boards, and kept in regular contact with alumni and friends of the university. Finally, he looks at controversial issues, providing an insider's account of various challenges and crises, from personnel problems to NCAA sanctions to concerns about presidential succession. During nearly two decades, Father Malloy met with presidents and movie stars, sports legends, benefactors, and university employees, many of whom are mentioned in this book. Throughout this volume, Malloy's love for Notre Dame and its students, faculty, and staff comes through clearly, along with his overwhelming sense of gratitude for the opportunity to lead a university where faith, community, and service are taken seriously and passed on from one generation to the next.
weitere Ausgaben werden ermittelt
Edward A. "Monk" Malloy, C.S.C., served from 1987 to 2005 as the sixteenth president of the University of Notre Dame, where he is currently professor of theology. He serves on the board of directors of a number of universities and national organizations and is the recipient of twenty-five honorary degrees. Father Malloy is the author of five books, including Monk's Notre Dame (University of Notre Dame Press, 2005).
- MONK' STALE
- CHAPTER 1 The First Year of a Peripatetic President (1987-88)
- CHAPTER 2 The Year of Cultural Diversity (1988-89)
- CHAPTER 3 The Year of the Family (1989-90)
- CHAPTER 4 The Year of Women (1990-91)
- CHAPTER 5 The Sesquicentennial Year (1991-92)
- CHAPTER 6 The Year of Rudy and Domers (1992-93)
- CHAPTER 7 The Year of Physical Renovation and Expansion (1993-94)
- CHAPTER 8 The Year of the IFCU Assembly (1994-95)
- CHAPTER 9 The Year of Administrative Transitions (1995-96)
- CHAPTER 10 The Year of the Inauguration of the Generations Campaign (1996-97)
- CHAPTER 11 A Year of Physical Expansion of the Campus (1997-98)
- CHAPTER 12 A Year of International Outreach and Expansion (1998-99)
- CHAPTER 13 A Year of Dramatic Change (1999-2000)
- CHAPTER 14 A Year of Celebration of Achievement (2000-01)
- CHAPTER 15 The Year of 9/11 and Its Aftermath (2001-02)
- CHAPTER 16 A Year of Sorrow and Controversy (2002-03)
- CHAPTER 17 Fulfilling the Promise (2003-04)
- CHAPTER 18 The Farewell Year (2004-05)
Dewey Decimal Classfication (DDC)
Adobe-DRM (Digital Rights Management)Systemvoraussetzungen:
Computer (Windows; MacOS X; Linux): Installieren Sie bereits vor dem Download die kostenlose Software Adobe Digital Editions (siehe E-Book Hilfe).
Tablet/Smartphone (Android; iOS): Installieren Sie bereits vor dem Download die kostenlose App Adobe Digital Editions (siehe E-Book Hilfe).
E-Book-Reader: Bookeen, Kobo, Pocketbook, Sony, Tolino u.v.a.m. (nicht Kindle)
Das Dateiformat EPUB ist sehr gut für Romane und Sachbücher geeignet - also für "fließenden" Text ohne komplexes Layout. Bei E-Readern oder Smartphones passt sich der Zeilen- und Seitenumbruch automatisch den kleinen Displays an. Mit Adobe-DRM wird hier ein "harter" Kopierschutz verwendet. Wenn die notwendigen Voraussetzungen nicht vorliegen, können Sie das E-Book leider nicht öffnen. Daher müssen Sie bereits vor dem Download Ihre Lese-Hardware vorbereiten.