Practical and easy-to-access, this comprehensive guide provides insight into one of the biggest, and most exciting, career transitions and life adventures many teachers ever make.
Written in plain English by experienced international educators, the book covers:
- What international schooling is, why it exists and what makes these schools different. how to secure employment (and promotion).
- Contracts, regulations, and qualification requirements.
- The skills you need to teach internationally.
- Third culture kids, global citizenship, safeguarding and wellbeing.
- Culture, surviving culture shock, and managing uncertainty for you and your family. what to expect, what to avoid and how best to embrace the international adventure.
Whether you are new to this world or experienced, this authoritative text introduces, examines and unpicks the highs, the lows, the perks and the pitfalls of international schooling.
For anyone aspiring to, new to, being recruited into, or currently enjoying international teaching, it is essential reading.