Organizations are increasingly facing continuous and highly complex changes that require more proactive strategies, policies and management practices. Conscious of this reality, this book provides information and debate on principles, strategies, models, techniques, methodologies and applications of organizational management in the field of industry, commerce and services.
Organizational Management communicates the latest developments and thinking on the organizational management subject world-wide, and seeks cultural and geographic diversity in studies and uses of organizational management that have a special impact on organizational communications, change processes and work practices. With an emphasis on the way organizations define and develop their management policies and practices in order to acquire more competitive advantages in the global market, this book is crucial to any practitioner or researcher of current organizational management.
Carolina Machado is Associate Professor of Human Resource Management and Head of Human Resources Management work group at University of Minho, Portugal, and Chief Editor of the International Journal of Applied Management Sciences and Engineering (IJAMSE). Her research interests include International Human Resource Management, Human Resource Management in Small and Medium Enterprises, Training and Development, Management Change and Knowledge Management.
J. Paulo Davim is Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Aveiro, Portugal. With more than 28 years of teaching and research experience, he is the Editor-in-Chief of 8 international journals and an Editorial Board member of another 25 international journals. In addition, he has published as author and co-author of more than 6 books, 50 chapters and 350 journal and conference articles.
1. What we know about Organizational Commitment: An overview of the literature of the last decades; Santiago Gutiérrez Broncano, Pedro Jiménez Estévez and Mercedes Rubio Andrés
2. Purpose, Change and Top Management in the Mid-1920s: Revisiting Selected Papers Presented at the Meetings of the Taylor Society; Aykut Berber
3. Managing Careers: Anchored, Plateaued or Drifting?; João Fontes da Costa and Teresa Carla Oliveira
4. Other organizational perspectives on the contribution of human resources management to the organizational performance; João Leite Ribeiro and Delfina Gomes
5. Viewing training & development by SMEs' Eyes: a Portuguese employers' input; Ana Paula Ferreira and Fernanda Velinças
6. Recruitment and Selection in the Expatriation Process: Comparing perceptions between organizations and individuals; Inês Resende and Emília Fernandes
7. From a cooperative to a hybrid organization. Internationalization, financing and crisis; Juan José Durán Herrera and Nuria Bajo Davó
8. Power and Micro-politics in the Strategic Formation of Small and Medium Sized Enterprises; David Starr-Glass
9. Deigning Down or Learning Up? Lack of Voice and Dialogue in Change Management of Public Hospitals; Teresa Carla Oliveira and Vitor Raposo
10. About expatriation process in SMEs: a Portuguese look of HRM role; Cláudia Carvalho and Carolina Feliciana Machado