The second edition of this popular text systematically addresses all aspects of treatment of infertility using Chinese medicine. Clinically focused and with a new easy-to-navigate design, the book begins by covering all the essential fundamentals you will need to understand and treat infertility, before going on to look at what Chinese medicine offers in the way of treatment for functional infertility in men and women, gynecological disorders which contribute to infertility and relevant lifestyle factors. Jane Lyttleton importantly devotes a large part of the book to discussing ways in which Chinese medicine and Western medicine might work together to overcome infertility, and details the increased experience over the past decade in working with IVF patients and their specialists. Leaps forward have also been made in the understanding of conditions such as Polycystic ovarian syndrome and immune infertility.
· Greatly expanded section on the place of Chinese medicine and IVF in treatment of infertility
· New information on Polycystic ovarian disease and immune infertility and how Chinese medicine approaches their treatment
· Updated and balanced advice on pre-conception care
· Clinically focused, with easy-to-navigate design
- Detailed and clear Chinese medicine treatment strategies are described.
- Information on reproductive biology and Western physiology are included to provide an understanding of the complexity of a patient's symptoms and conditions.
- Western treatment options that may impact Chinese medicine treatment are described, along with details about how these two perspectives can work together.
- Clinical approaches to supporting the early stages of a pregnancy and preventing miscarriage are included.
- Advice is offered on pre-conception help and the optimum diet and lifestyle choices for preparing for a pregnancy.
- The author is a well-known specialist in this field.