AdventHealth has created world-class partnerships with companies like Disney, Nike, GE, IBM, Philips, Johnson & Johnson, and Bayer. In Making History Together, Keith Lowe takes you through the steps of how AdventHealth creates and cultivates outstanding strategic alliance relationships and how you can, too.
In this valuable monograph you will:
- Learn the 7 questions AdventHealth uses to analyze new partnerships.
- Discover the historic event that launched AdventHealth into the world of strategic alliances.
- Understand the key component AdventHealth looks for in a strategic alliance relationship.
- Uncover the Three Cs of Trust essential to a positive collaborative mindset between partners.
The AdventHealth Healthcare & Leadership Monograph Series is an innovative teaching and learning tool from the largest admitting hospital in America. Ideal for healthcare professionals, leadership innovators, researchers, teachers, students, and other pioneering professionals-each volume provides focused, relevant training for individuals and organizations with break-through thinking on a wide variety of healthcare and leadership topics.
The monograph series includes several unique features that make them:
- Authoritative - All monographs are written by leading experts in their field and peer reviewed for publication.
- Practical - With an emphasis on outcomes, each monograph moves beyond theory to focus on providing useful solutions professionals can put into practice right away and experience results.
- Concise - Each volume covers its topic succinctly-usually in 75 pages or less. Brief, but never shallow, they are perfect for busy professionals seeking fresh insights in under two hours.
- Holistic - Monographs seek to cover each topic from a Whole Person Health perspective. That is, recognition that health, healing and personal growth occur best in an environment where mind, body and spirit are nurtured.
KEITH LOWE currently serves as Executive Director of the Strategic Venture Group at AdventHealth where he manages the Strategic Alliance program. In this capacity he has overseen alliance relationships with some of the largest and most respected companies in America including Disney, Nike, GE, Johnson & Johnson, Philips, AGFA, and Stryker. As an attorney with over 22 years of experience, Keith has represented individual and business interests in a wide variety of both legal and business concerns.
Keith is a graduate of the Samford University, Cumberland School of Law where he received both his JD and MBA. In addition to his corporate experience, Keith has also served as an adjunct faculty member at several Florida colleges where he taught managerial finance, real property law and paralegal studies. With his combination of teaching and applied business experience Keith has become a sought-after speaker on topics such as Industry Growth through Innovation, Corporate Legal and Compliance Issues, and Strategic Alliances. He is also an ordained minister. Keith and his wife, Cindy, live in Orlando and have two adult children.
Editor's Introduction 4
The Dream: Walt Disney Company and AdventHealth Celebration 7
What Is a Strategic Alliance? 10
Strategic Alliances and "Blue Ocean Strategy" 14
Many Goals Can Be Accomplished Without a Strategic Alliance 16
Why Do We Need Strategic Alliances? 18
Why Is Innovation at the Core? 19
Types of Alliances 21
Exploring a Good Fit Between Allies 26
Ensuring Alignment 27
The Importance of Trust 30
Building Trust 32
Managing the Alliance 34
The Role of Ambassadors 38
The Life Cycle of the Alliance 39
The Journey Continues 39
Appendix: AdventHealth Alliance Companies 41