American author, journalist, and social activist Jack London is best known for his stories set during the Klondike gold rush. Drawing upon his own personal experiences in the Klondike, London's stories are embodied with a realism indicative of that experience. This volume brings together two of his most famous novellas, "The Call of the Wild" and "White Fang". "The Call of the Wild" follows the struggle of Buck, a domesticated dog, who is snatched from a pastoral ranch in California and is sold into a brutal life as a sled dog in the Yukon. "White Fang", described as a mirror to "The Call of the Wild", conversely details a wild wolfdog's journey to domestication. By telling these stories through the viewpoint of the animals London explores the struggle of humankind between its wild nature and the demands of civilization. "The Call of the Wild" and "White Fang" are two of the finest examples of London's literary talent and exhibit why he would become one of the most popular writers of his day. This edition is illustrated by Philip R. Goodwin and Charles Livingston Bull. This edition includes a biographical afterword.
||Neeland Media LLC
weitere Ausgaben werden ermittelt
- The Call of the Wild
- Chapter I. Into the Primitive
- Chapter II. The Law of Club and Fang.
- Chapter III. The Dominant Primordial Beast.
- Chapter IV. Who Has Won to Mastership.
- Chapter V. The Toil of Trace and Trail.
- Chapter VI. For the Love of a Man.
- Chapter VII. The Sounding of the Call.
- White Fang
- Part I. The Wild
- Chapter I. The Trail of the Meat
- Chapter II. The She-Wolf
- Chapter III. The Hunger Cry
- Part II. Born of the Wild
- Chapter I. The Battle of the Fangs
- Chapter II. The Lair
- Chapter III. The Grey Cub
- Chapter IV. The Wall of the World
- Chapter V. The Law of Meat
- Part III. The Gods of the Wild
- Chapter I. The Makers of Fire
- Chapter II. The Bondage
- Chapter III. The Outcast
- Chapter IV. The Trail of the Gods
- Chapter V. The Covenant
- Chapter VI. The Famine
- Part IV. The Superior Gods
- Chapter I. The Enemy of His Kind
- Chapter II. The Mad God
- Chapter III. The Reign of Hate
- Chapter IV. The Clinging Death
- Chapter V. The Indomitable
- Chapter VI. The Love-Master
- Part V. The Tame
- Chapter I. The Long Trail
- Chapter II. The Southland
- Chapter III. The God's Domain
- Chapter IV. The Call of Kind
- Chapter V. The Sleeping Wolf
- BIOGRAPHICAL AFTERWORD