This volume presents the Proceedings of the 6th European Conference of the International Federation for Medical and Biological Engineering (MBEC2014), held in Dubrovnik September 7 - 11, 2014.
The general theme of MBEC 2014 is "Towards new horizons in biomedical engineering"
The scientific discussions in these conference proceedings include the following themes:
- Biomedical Signal Processing
- Biomedical Imaging and Image Processing
- Biosensors and Bioinstrumentation
- Bio-Micro/Nano Technologies
- Biomechanics, Robotics and Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Cardiovascular, Respiratory and Endocrine Systems Engineering
- Neural and Rehabilitation Engineering
- Molecular, Cellular and Tissue Engineering
- Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
- Clinical Engineering and Health Technology Assessment
- Health Informatics, E-Health and Telemedicine
- Biomedical Engineering Education
Biomedical Signal Processing.- Biomedical Imaging and Image Processing.- Biosensors and Bioinstrumentation.- Bio-micro/nano Technologies.- Biomaterials.- Biomechanics, Robotics and Minimally Invasive Surgery.- Cardiovascular, Respiratory and Endocrine Systems Engineering.- Neural and Rehabilitation Engineering.- Molecular, Cellular and Tissue Engineering.- Bioinformatics and Computational Biology.- Clinical Engineering and Health Technology Assessment.- Health Informatics, E-health and Telemedicine.- Biomedical Engineering Education.- Biomimetic Organ-on-Chip Systems.- Nanotechnology and Pulsed Electric Fields.- Advanced techniques for treating deep seated tumor using Electrochemotherapy (ECT) and Irreversible Electroporation (IRE). Bioimpedance.- Workshop: Radiological Equipment Maintenance Issues.- Real-time neuroimaging of the human brain: Methods and applications.- Certification of clinical biomedical engineers: national and international perspectives.- AHP in healthcare decision making and user need elicitation.- Education BME-ENA.- Disaster Preparedness Program for Health Facility's Technology Managers.