Vegetation Description and Data Analysis: A Practical Approach
, Second Edition is a fully revised and up-dated edition of this key text. The book takes account of recent advances in the field whilst retaining the original reader-friendly approach to the coverage of vegetation description and multivariate analysis in the context of vegetation data and plant ecology.
Since the publication of the hugely popular first edition there have been significant developments in computer hardware and software, new key journals have been established in the field and scope and application of vegetation description and analysis has become a truly global field. This new edition includes full coverage of new developments and technologies.
This contemporary and comprehensive edition of this well-known and respected textbook will prove invaluable to undergraduate and graduate students in biological sciences, environmental science, geography, botany, agriculture, forestry and biological conservation.
- Fully international approach
- Includes illustrative case studies throughout
- Now with new material on: the nature of plant communities; transitional areas between plant communities; induction and deduction of plant ecology; diversity indices and dominance diversity curves; multivariate analysis in ecology.
- Accessible, reader-friendly style
- Now with new and improved illustrations
is the Emeritus Professor of Biogeography, School of Geography, Earth and Environmental Sciences at the University of Plymouth, Devon, UK. His website can be found here: http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/staff/mkent