Gain the basics of Python and use PyGame to create fast-paced video games with great graphics and sounds. You'll also learn about object oriented programming (OOP) as well as design patterns like model-view-controller (MVC) and finite state machines (FSMs).
Python, PyGame and Raspberry Pi Game Development teaches you how to use Python and PyGame on your computer. Whether you use Windows, macOS, Linux, or a Raspberry Pi you can unleash the power of Python and PyGame to create great looking games. Included in the text are complete code listings and explanations for "Bricks," "Snake" and "Invaders"-- three fully-working games. These allow you to get started making your own great games. Modify them or build your own exciting titles.
What You'll Learn
Who This Book Is For
- Gain the basics of Python and employ it for game development
- Design your game
- Build games using game projects as templates like Bricks, Snake, and Invaders
- Work with user defined functions, inheritance, composition, and aggregation
- Add sound to your games
- Implement finite state machines
Experienced coders or game developers new to Python, PyGame and Raspberry Pi. This book is also for makers interested in getting into game development.
1. What is a Programming Language?2. What is Python?3. Introducing Python4. Breaking Free from the Interpreter5. Making Decisions6. Making the Raspberry Pi Repeat Itself7. Containers8. Introduction to the IDLE under LXDE9. Basic Introduction to PyGame10. Designing Your Game11. Game Project: Bricks12: User Defined Functions13. File Input and Output14. Introducing Object Oriented Programming15. Inheritance, Composition, and Aggregation16. Game Project: Snake17. Model View Controller18. Sound19. Finite State Machines20. Invaders21. Conclusion