Shortlisted for the 2019 Business Book Awards in the International Business Book category
The world of work is in a constant state of flux. Resilience at Work: Practical Tools for Career Success is an essential guide to maintaining resilience in this ever-changing environment, whether you are working in a turbulent field, navigating the job market or simply trying to realise your career ambitions.
Based on the author's own experience of working under extreme circumstances in post-earthquake Christchurch, New Zealand and enhanced by collaboration with leading resilience experts from around the world, this book is packed with stories, resources and personal coaching to support you to:
- learn about the importance of emotional honesty as a foundation for true resilience
- explore how your levels of self-care influence your ability to re-energise and stay strong
- consider how having the right sort of connections play a part in your ability to flourish
- reflect on how you have been learning (and changing) along your journey to resilience
This is an invaluable resource for organisations looking to support employees by giving them the tools for self-managed resilience at work. It is also ideal for career coaches, counsellors and other professionals who are working with clients facing their own crisis of resilience, whether they are starting out or well-advanced on their career journey.
Kathryn Jackson's unique coaching style enables readers to truly personalise the approach they choose to take, using the stories, the frameworks and the research to create a unique voyage towards building Resilience at Work.
Kathryn Jackson is an experienced learning and development coach, specialising in supporting professionals who want to build confidence, achieve career success and grow resilience.
List of Figures and Tables
Part I: An Introduction to Resilience at Work
1. My Resilience Story
2. How to Use This Book
Part II: Resilience Mindsets and Frameworks
3. How to Become More Resilient
4. Resilience Frameworks and Foundations
5. The World of VUCA Change
Part III: The Resilience Foundations
6. Emotional Honesty
Part IV: Concluding Thoughts
10. Planning for Resilience and Measuring Your Progress
11. Extend the Reach of Resilience
This book draws effectively on the NZ experience of earthquake recovery to offer a new slant on career management, showing how resilience can be built and maintained as a vital mechanism for dealing with change.
John Lees, career strategist and author of `How to Get a Job You Love'