In his short life Robert E. Howard produced hundreds of short stories and works of poetry. Commonly associated with the era of pulp fiction he created numerous characters of which the most popular is Conan the Cimmerian. "The Hour of the Dragon" is the only novel length Conan tale that Howard wrote. First published in serial form in the pulp magazine "Weird Tales" in 1935 through 1936, it was one of the last Conan stories published prior to Howard's suicide. Set during Conan's reign as King of Aquilonia, the story follows the attempts by a group of conspirators to depose him in favor of Valerius, heir to Conan's predecessor Numedides, whom he had slain to gain the throne. Set in the pseudo-historical Hyborian Age, "The Hour of the Dragon" is rich with the elements of sword and sorcery common to Howard's Conan tales and will delight all fans of the genre.
||Neeland Media LLC
weitere Ausgaben werden ermittelt
- Title page
- CHAPTER 1. O SLEEPER, AWAKE!
- CHAPTER 2. A BLACK WIND BLOWS
- CHAPTER 3. THE CLIFFS REEL
- CHAPTER 4. 'FROM WHAT HELL HAVE YOU CRAWLED?'
- CHAPTER 5. THE HAUNTER OF THE PITS
- CHAPTER 6. THE THRUST OF A KNIFE
- CHAPTER 7. THE RENDING OF THE VEIL
- CHAPTER 8. DYING EMBERS
- CHAPTER 9. 'IT IS THE KING OR HIS GHOST!'
- CHAPTER 10. A COIN FROM ACHERON
- CHAPTER 11. SWORDS OF THE SOUTH
- CHAPTER 12. THE FANG OF THE DRAGON
- CHAPTER 13. 'A GHOST OUT OF THE PAST'
- CHAPTER 14. THE BLACK HAND OF SET
- CHAPTER 15. THE RETURN OF THE CORSAIR
- CHAPTER 16. BLACK-WALLED KHEMI
- CHAPTER 17. 'HE HAS SLAIN THE SACRED SON OF SET!'
- CHAPTER 18. 'I AM THE WOMAN WHO NEVER DIED'
- CHAPTER 19. IN THE HALL OF THE DEAD
- CHAPTER 20. OUT OF THE DUST SHALL ACHERON ARISE
- CHAPTER 21. DRUMS OF PERIL
- CHAPTER 22. THE ROAD TO ACHERON