Creating and Maintaining Resilient Supply Chains
Will your supply chain survive the twists and turns of the global economy? Can it deliver mission-critical supplies and services in the face of disaster or other business interruption? A resilient supply chain can do those things and more. In Creating and Maintaining Resilient Supply Chains, global expert Andrew Hiles applies the principles of risk and business continuity to enable a reliable flow of materials and information that is a "win" for everyone involved.
From over 30 years of experience working with companies like yours, the author of Creating and Maintaining Resilient Supply Chains helps you to:
- Understand the criticality of procurement and supply chain management to the health of your organization.
- Relate the time-tested principles of good business continuity planning to constructing a reliable supply chain.
- Apply risk management principles to evaluate vendors and create effective contracts.
- Create the specifications that will result in a good tender or bid.
- Anticipate contract issues when you are dealing with other legal systems, including International Commercial Law, Anglo Saxon Law, Civil Code, Sharia Code, and European Law.
In one short book, Hiles distills the knowledge of a lifetime to prepare you to handle risks, pitfalls, and potential ambiguities. As a result, you will know how to carefully plan and negotiate supply chain relationships that benefit all the organizations involved.
Andrew Hiles, Hon FBCI, EIoSCM, is an internationally renowned practitioner, consultant, and trainer of two generations of Business Continuity rofessionals. He is founding director, First Fellow, and Honorary Fellow of the Business Continuity Institute. In 2004, he was inducted into the Business Continuity Hall of Fame by CPM Magazine for demonstrating consistent high standards over time and global reach. He has authored, edited, or contributed to 15 books and has written over 250 published articles on business continuity topics for leading international magazines. Hiles' dedication to training new generations of BC leaders is
evidenced by his being among the first to provide truly international training in enterprise risk management, business continuity, and IT availability management in some 60 countries, as well as successfully pioneer BC training in Africa, the Middle East, China, Pakistan, and India. He has consulted globally for some 35 years, advising blue chip companies and major public sector organizations, including
European Community institutions.