After interviewing scores of patients and studying weight bias research, Hannah Hawkins has developed solutions for patients, and for providers, in removing weight discrimination from healthcare settings. Despite the fact that it has a 95% failure rate, weight loss is still the standard prescription for anyone in a bigger body, regardless of their medical complaints. Do No Harm: Fatphobia and the Medical Industry explores how fatphobia is harming patients of every size and age.
In this book, you'll learn:
- How and why patients are being discriminated against
- What patients in bigger bodies can do to advocate for themselves
- How to better your relationship with your health and medical providers in natural healthy ways
- Why weight loss is a myth
- How providers can remove weight bias from their practice
Filled with numerous studies and stories about people proving that weight loss doesn't improve health or work in the long term, Do No Harm will leave you with action steps to take your health into your own hands and educate the medical community on the harm of weight bias.