Advice on how to liberate yourself-and take control of your financial future-from the author of Confessions of a Credit Junkie.
Winner of the American Society of Journalists and Authors Outstanding Book Award, Self-Help category
If you're in credit-card debt and you're tired of being told that all you need to do is give up your daily latte-and cut up all your credit cards-this is the book for you. Former credit junkie Beverly Harzog racked up thousands in credit-card debt during a decade of overspending. When she decided she wanted to break free from debt, she found that conventional personal finance advice didn't work for her. So she created her own unique debt escape plan and succeeded in paying off more than $20,000 in credit card debt in two years.
In The Debt Escape Plan, you'll find easy-to-follow advice, often laced with a touch of Southern humor, to help you conquer-and stay out of-credit-card debt. You'll learn:
- Why a one-size-fits-all approach to credit card debt doesn't work
- How to use the Money Personality Quiz to customize your own debt escape plan
- The nine biggest debt mistakes and how to overcome them
- Seven secrets for giving your credit score a quick boost
- How to overcome the hardships of medical bills
- How to debt-proof your future so this never happens to you again!
Dewey Decimal Classfication (DDC)