Production Processes of Renewable Aviation Fuel: Present Technologies and Future Trends presents the available production processes for renewable aviation fuel, including the application of intensification and energy integration strategies. Despite biofuels have gained a lot of interest in the last years, renewable aviation fuel is one of the less studied. In the last ten years, there has been an incredible growth in the number of patents and articles related with its production processes. Several transformation pathways have been proposed, and new ones have been outlined. The book contains the main information about the production processes of renewable aviation fuel, considering international standards, available technologies, and recent scientific contributions. It also outlines the motivation for the development of renewable aviation fuel, and its main processing pathways from the different renewable raw materials. In addition, the application of intensification and energy integration strategies is presented, along with the identified future trends in this area
- Includes the motivation for the development of renewable aviation fuel and applicable standards
- Describes the processing pathways from biomass to produce renewable aviation fuel
- Presents the application of intensification and energy integration strategies for the production of renewable aviation fuel
- The future trends in the production processes of renewable aviation fuel are discussed
Dr. Claudia Gutiérrez-Antonio got her Master and Ph.D. degrees from Instituto Tecnológico de Celaya in 2003 and 2007, respectively. Currently, she is professor-researcher at Universidad Autónoma de Querétaro and she is member of the National Research System of Mexico. Her research interest is in the area of intensification and optimization of renewable aviation fuel production processes. She has published more than 30 papers, 8 book chapters and 1 book.
1. Biojet fuel: driving the aviation sector to sustainability 2. Renewable feedstock and its conversion routes to biojet fuel 3. Production processes for the conversion of triglyceride feedstock 4. Production processes for the conversion of sugar and starchy feedstock 5. Production processes for the conversion of lignocellulosic feedstock 6. Process intensification and process integration in the production of biojet fuel 7. Supply chain for the production of biojet fuel 8. The future trends in the production of biojet fuel