This book disseminates the current trends among innovative and high-quality research regarding the implementation of conceptual frameworks, strategies, techniques, methodologies, informatics platforms and models for developing advanced industrial tools and techniques and their application in different fields. It presents a collection of theoretical, real-world and original research works in the field of applied industrial tools and techniques. The text goes beyond the state-of-the-art in the field of industrial and software engineering, listing successful applications and use cases of studies of new approaches, applications, methods, techniques for developing advanced industrial tools, methodologies and techniques and their application in different fields. The topics covered in this book are of interest to academics, researchers, students, stakeholders and consultants.
Jorge Luis Garcia Alcaraz
is a full time researcher of the Department of Industrial Engineering at the Universidad Autónoma de Ciudad Juárez. His main research areas are related to Multicriteria decision making applied to lean manufacturing, production process modeling and statistical inference. He is founding member of the Mexican Society of Operation Research and active member in the Mexican Academy of Industrial Engineering.
Giner Alor-Hernandez is a full-time researcher of the Division of Research and Postgraduate Studies in Orizaba's technological institute: Tecnológico de Orizaba. He also holds the position of editorial board member of eight indexed journals. His research interests include Web services, e-commerce, Semantic Web, Web 2.0, service-oriented and event-driven architectures, and enterprise application integration.
Cuauhtémoc Sánchez Ramírez is a full-time researcher of the Division of Research and Postgraduate Studies of the Orizaba Technology Institute. His research interests are modeling and simulation of logistics process and supply chain from a system dy-namics approach.
AIDE ARACELY MALDONADO MACÍAS is a full-time Professor-Investigator at the Autonomous University of Ciudad Juarez (UACJ).
1. Analysis of alternative energies supply chain in Mexico
2. Design of policies to lead time reduction in purchasing process through system dynamics simulation
3. Analysis of uncertainty in transportation systems and its impact of inventory levels
4. Trends and challenges in the implementation of green supply chain
5. Importance of supply chain as key factor in the develop of industrial clusters
Artificial intelligent techniques for industrial applications
6. Knowledge-based implementation techniques and system architectures
7. Semantic web integration of heterogeneous data sources
8. Intelligent decision support systems
9. Natural language processing for developing interactions and innovative intelligent interfaces
10. Tools for industrial knowledge management
Human factors and ergonomics in manufacturing
1. Macroergonomics evaluation for manufacturing systems
2. Antrhopometry applications for manufacturing processes
3. Burnout syndrome and musculoskeletal complaints in manufacturing systems
4. Burnout syndrome and obesity in manufacturing systems
5. Fatigue in advanced manufacturing systems
1. Impact of SMED in economic performance
2. Agility and flexibility supply chain in Mexican maquiladoras
3. Knowledge transfer in supply chain for manufacturing
4. Kaizen for continues improvement: the Mexican experience
5. The advanced manufacturing technologies transfer process: lessons from Mexico