Innovation Strategies in the Food Industry: Tools for Implementation is an indispensable resource for the food industry to introduce innovations in the market, stand out from the competition and satisfy consumer demands. This reference reports the most trend advances of the food science, while providing insights and ideas to overcome limitations for their actual implementation in the industry. Innovation Strategies in the Food Industry: Tools for Implementation fills the gap between strategy developers and technical R&D associates by interpreting the technological adequacy of innovative techniques with the reaction of related consumers. It deals with the interaction of academia and industry, describing innovation and long term R&D strategies to overcome bottlenecks during know-how transfer between these two sectors.
- Reports the development of cooperative networks for the commercialization of new food products
- Includes the concept of open innovation, denoting the particular issues that SMEs are facing during their innovation efforts and suggest respective innovation policies in the agrifood sector
- Discusses the challenges of introducing innovations in traditional food products
- Describes the sustainability problems and restrictions (safety and energy issues) of innovations in food processing and emerging technologies
- Exploits the cutting-edge innovation cases of food science and their applications in the food industry
- Addresses the observed problems and provides solutions to meet market and consumers' needs
Dewey Decimal Classfication (DDC)