Gastronomy and Food Science
fills the transfer knowledge gap between academia and industry by covering the interrelation of gastronomy and food and culinary science in one integral reference. Coverage of the holistic cuisine, culinary textures with food ingredients, the application of new technologies and gastronomy in shaping a healthy diet, and the recycling of culinary by-products using new is also covered in this important reference. Written for food scientists and technologists, food chemists, and nutritionists, researchers, academics, and professionals working in culinary science, culinary professionals and other food industry personnel, this book is sure to be a welcomed reference.
- Discusses the role of gastronomy and new technologies in shaping healthy diets
- Describes a toolkit to capture diversity and drivers of food choice of a target population and to identify entry points for nutrition interventions
- Presents the experiential value of the Mediterranean diet, elaio-gastronomy, and bioactive food ingredients in culinary science
- Explores gastronomic tourism and the senior foodies market
1. The impact of molecular gastronomy within the food science community and results of its application 2. Role of gastronomy and new technologies in shaping a healthy diet 3. Cooking with Computers: The Vision of Digital Gastronomy 4. Gastronomic systems research 5. The Mediterranean diet between traditional foods and human health through culinary examples 6. Olive oil in gastronomy and food science 7. From folklore to the nutraceutical world: The Corema album potential 8. Food processing by-products and molecular gastronomy 9. Recipes for the valorization of Culinary By-products and Leftovers 10. The Senior Foodies Market: Opportunities and Challenges in Gastronomic Tourism 11. Holistic Cuisine and Gastronomic Tourism 12. Seven Dimensions of Taste - Taste in a Sociological and Educational Perspective