Throughout this book, you'll discover how expressive yet concise jQuery's code is and how much quicker and efficiently you can develop with jQuery. Beginning jQuery takes you from the basics of getting you started with jQuery, right through to extending jQuery by writing your own plug-ins. You'll discover best practices you can follow, how you can avoid common mistakes, and learn about the many other assets that jQuery has to offer.
This second edition is completely updated for jQuery version 3.x, including integration with npm, and guidelines for working with the Data set API specification.
What You'll Learn
- Use jQuery's powerful tools to dynamically update content on your site, including DOM manipulation.
- Extend jQuery's capabilities by writing your own plugins on top of the framework.
- Animate elements and build your own jQuery slider.
- Employ best practices and avoid common errors made by beginners.
Who This Book is For
2. The Basics of jQuery
3. Traversing the DOM
4. DOM Manipulation with jQuery
5. An Introduction to Events
6. More Events
8. Ajax with jQuery
9. Writing a jQuery Plug-in
10. More jQuery Plug-ins
11. A jQuery Image Slider