Trauma permeates America's families, and no one is immune to its impact. Natural disasters, community and institutional violence, adverse childhood experiences-these events impact the developing brains and bodies of our youth. Healing the Heart:
- Provides parents with specific tools to help their trauma-impacted children.
- Combines the research on adverse childhood experiences and other traumatic events, positive psychology, and resilience.
- Is presented in an easy-to-read, conversational style.
- Uses evidence-based strategies, inspirational stories, and role-playing scenarios.
- Includes the information and tools needed to heal the negative impact of traumatic events.
With specific strategies to address diverse forms of trauma and diverse populations, this book is a must-read resource for anyone wanting to reestablish safety, increase resilience, and help heal the long-term impact of trauma.
Trained as an educational psychologist, Christine Fonseca is dedicated to helping children and adults connect with their personal truth. She is an award-winning author of fiction and nonfiction, a nationally recognized speaker, and an international consultant and coach. Critically acclaimed titles include Emotional Intensity in Gifted Students and Letting Go.