Visual Communication for Architects and Designers teaches you the art of designing a concise, clear, compelling and effective visual and verbal presentation. Margaret Fletcher has developed a reference manual of best practices that gives you the necessary tools to present your work in the best way possible. It includes an impressive 750 presentation examples by over 180 designers from 24 countries in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Oceania and Africa. This book offers actionable advice to solve a variety of complex presentation challenges.
You will learn how to:
- Understand differences in communication design, representation design and presentation design and know how to use these skills to your advantage;
- Structure the visual and verbal argument in your presentation;
- Design your presentation layouts, architectural competitions, boards and digital presentations;
- Manage issues related to the presentation of architectural and design ideas;
- Present yourself professionally.
Your ability to communicate your design ideas to others is an invaluable and important skill. Visual Communication for Architects and Designers shows you how to develop and implement these skills and gain command of your presentations.
Margaret Fletcher is an associate professor of architecture at the College of Architecture, Design and Construction at Auburn University in Auburn, Alabama, USA. She is the author of the companion book, Constructing the Persuasive Portfolio.
Table of Contents
1: Communication, Representation and Presentation
2: Constructing a Visual Argument
3: Presentation Design
4: Presenting Yourself Professionally
5: Drawing for Impact